Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

One Year of Active Blogging

Though I've officially started blogging in 2007, I took a loooong sabbatical before resuming active blogging on Feb 25, 2010. Yes, its been an year that I'm putting my thoughts in black and white and it has now become a sort of my alter-ego, collection of my reminiscences, my mirror image and a perfect gateway to my views and ideas.

Earlier, I used to get wary as I didn't know who the readers were and what to write. But once I decided to make the blog a transparent medium to reflect whats going on in my mind, everything fell in place. Being a voracious follower of news and current affairs, I had (have) an opinion on every topic, but lack of platform to present my points of view and thoughts made me look for an alternative where I could express all my thoughts on every topic, be it political, religious, administrative, relationships, my own progress, setbacks, convictions, suggestions, lessons, confessions, memories, memoirs, so on and so forth. I don't consider myself to be a very good writer, but all I try is to translate my mind into words which make some sense.

Whenever I feel happy or sad or ecstatic or low, I resort to blogging. If you browse through various earlier posts, you can find that most of the writings are impulsive and direct Dil Se. I have been caustic and acerbic on few topics when I personally felt distressed due to any issue. I wrote like a child when I felt happy after my birthday surprises or vacation trips.

I know the world is too busy and there would be nobody who would patiently listen to me or care to ask me about what am doing or what am I thinking about anything. Everybody has his own life and its completely natural that we don't have a lot of time for others feelings or views. But I always felt this is a space which allows me to be myself. I feel good after writing a post. It brings in positivity and gets me out of blues, almost everytime.

An icing on the cake was the kind of response and readership I got for my writings. I'm so humbled that people appreciate my way of putting down my opinions in a rather simplistic lingo without getting elitist or catering to galleries.

6800 views from 27 countries and 38 followers after one year of blogging is hugely encouraging and it keeps me on my toes to post more articles as I know there are people who try to relate to my writings or atleast who try to keep themselves abreast with my thoughts irrespective of whether they agree with me or not.

My Inspirations: 

Undoubtedly my wife has been the biggest inspiration. She introduced me to the concept of blogging with her blogs , I was so inspired by her writing skills, that I always wanted to write like that but am sure, I don't have that poetic affluence, creative head or mellifluous flow which she possesses. The only complaint I have is that she doesn't write often and she never publishes her blog in other media to get some readership.

Sree has been a constant source of encouragement, inspiration and always been a positive influence on my blogging. Her blogging skills are par excellent. I can no way reach her readership, command on languages (she's unparelleled in putting her thoughts in English and Telugu with equal flamboyance). I always look upto her blogs http://sreeszone.blogspot.com/ and http://sreemadhanam.blogspot.com/. After Facebook, Twitter and Orkut, Sree's blogs are major sources of traffic to my blog :)

Thanks guys !!!

And Thanks everybody who has ever read my blog, and thanks to all those who ever thought my piece of work provoked some thought or emotion in you and all those who appreciated, supported, commented and encouraged me.

8 comments:

Sree said...

chandu idi too much... ee blog template background lo clouds unnay kada akkada ekkado etikite nenu kanipinchestaa :). thank you, but seriously you most certainly dont use simple language, chaala manchi language usage untundi. you are way too humble ani matram cheppagalanu.

Almost all the times I like one particular person but yours is an exception, I fell in love with the whole family both sides yours and Hema's :)..

I have seen the blog stats once and I am glad you get so many clicks from mine, feels good to be able to showcase some wonderful views to the people in my blog world :).

Hema said...

Sree & Chandu, both of you are being modest now ;)

Thanks for such nice words about our family Sree!

@Chandu Congratulations on successful completion of a year of active blogging! I want you to know that most of us here are your regular followers except that we don't comment very often. Doesn't mean that we don't like your posts.

Waiting to hear much more from you. Keep rocking and entertaining us!

PS: The blog traffic stats are quite impressive btw ;) 27 Countries??? Wow!

Hema said...

"poetic affluence, creative head or mellifluous flow" lol...are you sure that's me? :D

chaitu said...

i simply love ur blog! always look forward for new posts..keep blogging and keep entertaining and enlighten me :)

Praseeda said...

Keep going Sharath!! Although a regular reader of your blogs, my comments would be a rarity (mere lazyness, I should say ;-). You write pretty well Sharath and you put across your thoughts so perfectly. Keep writing.

P.S: Was surprised as well as glad to know that you still use that punchline of yours: "Dil Se" :-)

Chandu said...

Thanks Sree, Ammadu, Chaitu, Prasi

@ Prasi: I'm glad you still remember :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your one year Sharath!

Like I have said earlier...this is the only blog I visit and I love it! :)

Keep them coming!

-Chikki.

Chandu said...

Thanks Chikki :)

Post a Comment