Its a general perception that those who speak fluently and write eloquently are good communicators, thats true in most of the cases, but there can be exceptions. Communication, per se, is making other person understand exactly what you have in your mind and understanding exactly what the other person is trying to say. Language is a channel for communication.
Language skills, oratory skills, fluency, command over grammar and vocabulary give an extra edge in communication or presenting ourselves but unfortunately, not all are blessed with these skills.
I always get jealous and envious of people who can talk eloquently and present their mind lucidly in speech or writing. I always tried to be like that, but could never be :D
I know am not remarkably good at written English, so is the case with spoken English, I suck at Hindi and I even search for words while speaking Hindi. Now don't even ask about written Hindi. My parents' objectives of admitting me in English convents, Hindi pandit courses went futile :D. I can manage written or spoken Telugu as its my mother tongue. I don't know/understand any other language in this world :(
Now that I realized that improving language skills is not my cup of tea anymore, I'm seriously contemplating to work on my non verbal communication skills and other soft skills. The bottom line is that I have to drill my audience's minds by connecting with their interests, intellect and personalities without wasting my effort on vocab, pace or grammar. Wish me luck :)
Language skills, oratory skills, fluency, command over grammar and vocabulary give an extra edge in communication or presenting ourselves but unfortunately, not all are blessed with these skills.
I always get jealous and envious of people who can talk eloquently and present their mind lucidly in speech or writing. I always tried to be like that, but could never be :D
I know am not remarkably good at written English, so is the case with spoken English, I suck at Hindi and I even search for words while speaking Hindi. Now don't even ask about written Hindi. My parents' objectives of admitting me in English convents, Hindi pandit courses went futile :D. I can manage written or spoken Telugu as its my mother tongue. I don't know/understand any other language in this world :(
Now that I realized that improving language skills is not my cup of tea anymore, I'm seriously contemplating to work on my non verbal communication skills and other soft skills. The bottom line is that I have to drill my audience's minds by connecting with their interests, intellect and personalities without wasting my effort on vocab, pace or grammar. Wish me luck :)
5 comments:
I totally understood what you wanted to communicate...this proves you are an impeccable, brilliant writer. So both your language and communication skills are awesome! :)
I echo the above statement...and you are too modest!! :)
i second the other two here, you are one of the very fine writers I have come across, communicating effectively with good language to go with it..
you just are being way too modest... (period.)
Modesty ki bhi hadh hothi hain yaar !! :D
Thanks girls, for making me feel good :). Will try my best to keep up to your perceptions and expectations :)
Post a Comment