Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Most Memorable Birthday

Officially, technically.. and finally I've completed three decades of existence on this planet.I heard wise people saying that first 10 years pass off without our own knowledge, 10-20 in education, 20-30 in career and life starts after 30. But my pursuit of knowledge is still going on and career is not established in a right sense. Am i going slow ?

Notwithstanding I believe my life has just started and there is lot more to happen from now or may be thats the way ageing optimists look at life :)

Coming to the topic of discussion, my recent birthday (April 30, 2010) was a day to remember at least till my last day. I don't really enjoy celebrating my birthdays but ironically almost every time end up having a blast, thanks to people who love me and their gestures. But this time, am simply zipped, zapped, zoomed, overwhelmed left right and center.

While the routine exercise of cutting cake amidst balloons, music and screams was arranged as expected, my wifey handed me over a folded piece of paper wrapped in a satin ribbon and announced "Your time starts now".

I was taken aback and cursed stupid reality shows she watches day in and day out for inspiring her in conducting this treasure-hunt. The task was all about reaching the final place in the house after a series of papers containing clues placed at various spots. I had to run around pillar to post for another few minutes and finally ended up at projector in the family theater room. "Whats next" was my expression.

She simply switched on the projector and screen to show me a video of my 6 month old niece Tanya holding a placard which reads "Happy Birthday Mama, Love you Lots". That was such a pleasant moment indeed ! I was about to retire after that video, when the shocker came.

There were 20 odd videos sent by cousins and friends. Overwhelming ! Each video was played and I had no words. Everybody was so sweet and was talking so embarrassingly nice things about me. I didn't know how to react, how to express my happiness. That was a moment to experience !

I paused the video and curiously and anxiously asked my wife, whats going on and how did that happen. She spilled the beans that she contacted my cousins, friends, loved ones and acquaintances and out of them many were technically challenged and few faced resource constraints but have made it a point to show their love towards me in this way.

I would take this forum to thank each of them for their gesture to each one of them involved

I was so happy to see my cousins Arvind, Priya, Bharani, Prasad, Rajani, Prasad and their kids Srija, Sriya wishing me though they are not mouse potatoes like me.

Karthik along with his brother Deepak and sister Deepika played a skit acting like reporter, cameraman and newsreader respectively. Till date I haven't cared to stop by and talk to Deepak or Deepika but those kids were so sweet and caring enough. These gestures bring out some humility in me. Thanks and Love you buddies.

Cousins Santhosh and Bhargava were so innovative in their expression. Thoroughly enjoyed their acts / skits. Dear Cousin Sandhya too sent her message despite busy with her kid. I know how difficult it was to record and send across those files. I still donno how can anybody take so much pain and put so much effort to wish on somebody's birthday.

Look at this, Shravya and Abhishek dedicated their beautiful renditions and conveyed birthday wishes in their messages. Guys, am not talented as you and I can never reciprocate to your gestures except saying "Thanks for making me feel special" :)

My best friend Soumya sent her video message wishing me. Buddy, you've always been so sweet and to me and your message is something I can cherish forever. Lotsa love !

Ramakanth, my roomie during initial days in Canada and a sheet anchor during my transition from India to Canada managed to squeeze in some time on the day of arrival from India after his wedding to send me his video wishes. Ramakanth, am not surprised with your being so nice anymore as I'm used to that :) Thanks dude !

Friends cum students Amruta, Rajanya, Sindhoora pleasantly surprised me with their video. Real treat to watch. Thanks friends :)

Now the time to feel embarrassed and sorry !

Hema got in touch with those people who mean /meant a lot for me with whom I spent a lot of time and learnt about life, but sadly was not in touch with them lately with a very lame excuse of being busy.

My engineering best friends Shyam, Pavan, Ranjeeth, Kishore. The people themselves sent their messages after my ignoring them for long time. They scolded me and abused me in their videos, but I felt their love. Mama, if you see my orkut profile - about me section, I have written "I'm a bad friend" because I was thinking about you guys at that point. Without making it more melodramatic, just wanna convey you that am not myself without you guys. Will call you soon for the earful :)

MBA buddy Vaishnavee sent her video message along with her daughter Satvika. Vaishnavee you are always beautiful, but sorry to tell you that Satvika is much more beautiful than you. Thanks a lot for the wishes. Treasured :)

Another surprise, my secondary school mates Harsha and Darani and ex-colleague Angshumala sent their messages. Thanks guys for your messages and am really surprised to see that you guys still remember me. Recording a video for someone who hasn't been in touch from ages is really special and thanks again for that :)

And...coming to my own family,

Suma, my darling sis-in-law sent her dancing video dedicated to me. OMG. I never saw her dance and hence felt all the more thrilled. She's so graceful and gorgeous and it was very difficult to resist myself from playing it a dozen times immediately. I never felt so proud of my loved ones in the recent past. Love you Summy !

My dad-in-law recited a self written poetry blessing me and mom-in-law spoke very very nice things about me. Such gestures from in-laws always boost us kada :)

Li'l Tanya, and her parents, incidentally my sister and Jiju sent me individual videos wishing me and also made her half a dozen friends to wish me.

My wifey gifted me an iPhone which is a huge leap from a Nokia 6070 I've been using for the last three years. She somehow has this larger than life image of me and treats me with best available gifts. Remember last year, it was Mercedes Benz. But getting these video messages after communicating and coordinating with so many people for days together, consolidating them, hiding them from me, packing and presenting in style - remains the best ever gift from her.

Mom, Dad were happier than me seeing so many people wishing, singing, dancing, acting, reciting, performing for their son. And how can they get away without surprising me. They presented me Rayban shades as they saw me loosing my earlier sunglasses. Don't know how they managed to buy such expensive gift but didn't think much, they are parents after all, they can do anything for me. And coincidentally this is my first birthday I spent with parents and wife together.

So many people took so many pains in making me happy and smile for a minute. Do I need anything else, I wonder ! They just wanted to show how much they love and its a humble experience for me.

I treasure, cherish and relish those moments !

7 comments:

BHARGAVA KONDAPALLI said...

:) :D

Sree said...

oye.. kaala tika time :).. am happy for you and as usual with Hema in life, you can only expect joy and surprise every day of your life.

nshravya said...

Glad you had a blast!

angshu said...

Hey Sharath, it was nice to read your blog. As u said, truely a very nice gift from your wifey... Hope she comes up with such mind blowing plans again and again and provides us the opputunity to be a part of the celebrations :) Have fun guys!!

Chandu said...

Thanks Guys :)

Suma said...

u derserve it bavaa!!! :)

Narasimha Shastri said...

I am personally proud to be your in law. I love your expressions and expectations. I knew no words to say more....

Post a Comment