Right wing ideologists and religious people hate me because I do not subscribe to their idea of God, rituals, holy books and way of life. They call me names for putting my bucks on laws of astrophysics and theory of evolution over theory of creation they try to rub upon me.
Left wingers hate me because I do not align my views with their woke agenda, double standards and hypocrisy of targeting only a certain way of life and wavering between atheism and selective religious apologism at will.
I support caste based reservations, eat non-vegetarian food, do not practice caste based lifestyle and hence scholars of my own caste disowned me.
Just because I was born in a so called privileged caste but don't feel ashamed of it, activists from 'so called' underprivileged castes hate me. The fact I call for reforms in caste reservations pisses them more.
Feminists hate me because I am not ashamed of my masculinity and don't stand by their idea of male bashing, bra burning 'all men are trash' vitriol but I stand by my idea of egalitarianism advocating equal rights for every person regardless of their gender.
Male chauvinists hate me because I diss patriarchy, gender discrimination and write articles calling out "The Great Indian Son In Law syndrome", So radicals of both genders hate me equally.
Conversative societies hate me when I support women's rights to abortions, consensual pre-marital sex, right to their clothing, lifestyle while liberals hate me for saying out that men and women are different biologically and anthropologically and hence aren't similar in thoughts or behavior.
Conservatives usually call their opponents immoral, liberals call their opponents regressive and illogical. And both left and right wingers call me immoral, regressive and an extremist and I can live with that.
Communists hate me because I thrive on, support and advocate capitalism and I am changing my own small world around me with the perks I am reaping out of capitalism.
But corporate capitalists don't consider me in their league because I don't follow the societal guidelines and lifestyle norms they prescribe for. I broke corporate norms in every business I ever took up.
I think and plan in English, so my desi friends call me an elitist show off. My angrez friends look at me condescendingly when I prefer my vernacular movies, music, lifestyle over English.
BUT DO I CARE ?
Not even worth a grain of sand.
BUT AM I CONTRADICTING MYSELF ?
Not at all.
Since the time I could remember, I never got pigeon-holed into any set of pre-determined ideology which suited others. I do not have a distinct set of favorites (actors, sportspersons, politicians or ideologues) whom I wanted to defend to my death because I am not and do not intend to be a part of any herd.
Had I been asked about my opinion on God, it changed through years based on my readings, literature, interactions with the intelligentsia and my judgement of agenda driven vested interests.
So if I debated against followers of right wing and left wing ideologies I would counterbalance both without leaning either left or right because I agree and disagree with both schools of thought to some degree that resulted in my own ideology.
For most of my adult life, I did not have a best friend or group of friends I could hung out with and had a lot of time for myself and my literature that actually was a blessing in disguise as I took up to reading almost everything voraciously. I stumbled upon Vedas to the Old and New Testaments of Bible to Geopolitics to Clinical Psychology to Astrophysics to Mediaeval History to Current Affairs to Etymology to Business Management to Entrepreneurship which made me jack of all trades that in turn shaped up a thought process that does not align to only one particular strata.
AM I ONLY HATED ?
Fortunately no. While I have strong opinions on most topics, I do not go out of my way to show people I think different from them. I participate in all social rituals, ways of life even if I do not believe in, because bonding with people I like has always been more important to me than to argue or offend them over belief systems.
Many of my friends who indulge in intelligent or fact based debates with me are well-informed and mature enough to agree to disagree and still lead a civil, courteous and mutually respectful relationship as we all believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
The hate I receive would usually be from kaun kiska gottam types who I do not even bother acknowledging the very existence of and hence that never mattered too. There are very few acquaintances who judged and ostracized me for my beliefs and I was better off without them anyway.
I want to lead my kids with an example that we should love people, be loved and yet do not have to succumb to any systematically programmed thought process if we do not feel completely aligned to. Every person is different and deserves to have their own their way of life without being funneled into a cabin designed by the society.
I do not fit into any dogma or doctrine but I will respect you for your opinions. But if I am hated for my way of life, so be it. I am OK TO BE HATED.
No comments:
Post a Comment