Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Oh My God !

A question which I frequently encounter "Why are you so arrogant that you don't believe in God?"

Thats false. I never ever said I don't believe in God. I always believed in the existence of God, the things I don't believe are miracles of God, mythology, rituals and tantrums humans have devised in an attempt to influence the God.

As I've mentioned in one of my previous posts, I believe that there is a supreme power or an unknown power or a force which sustains and balances the whole universe and life on the universe. For me "Nature" is God. Thats something which is not apprehended or controlled by science or human intellect as yet. Nobody knows about that God and hence its perfectly OK to respect and revere that power as thats something which is bolstering our life.

But what I don't see eye to eye is when people assume that God is somebody who decides and controls the past, present, future of billions of people individually and we can influence God's decisions by performing rituals.

For me, religion is a way of life and performing rituals is an individual choice. The customs and rituals have been started by humans some centuries ago because they felt thats the way to appease the God or show their gratitude to that power and if they have done that, that doesn't mean they are always correct. Just that I don't see any meaning in following the same traditions and rites and if that means I'm haughty enough to override the almighty, I don't really mind it.

And if I'm doing a vratham at home or going to temple, its for the family and definitely not to influence the God to take my side.

2 comments:

Sree said...

I think along the same lines.. but the thing is some times I perform those rituals because they give me that peace I am looking for, those very strong positive vibrations and energy...

so I would say I am a believer of an almighty but religion and rituals are something I can do away with.

Chandu said...

:)

Post a Comment